2017 Spring Semester Study Abroad (Direct-enrollment) Program for
1. Eligibility for direct-enrollment: Only student who has studied at least two semesters at home institution (bachelor’s degree seeking student) can apply.
2. Application deadline: 2016.12.9 5:00pm (Korean time)
3. Application process: Online
Send required information ⇒ OIA creates an account ⇒ Log-in with the login information OIA
to OIA by email provides and apply through online system
1) Required information
a. semester you wish to apply for
b. home university
c. number of semesters you have attended at your home school
d. phone number
e. email address
*Required information has to be sent to email@example.com
2) OIA will create an ID and announce back to applicant by email
3) Log-in with created ID on the online application page and upload required documents
Online application page: http://goabroadoia.sogang.ac.kr/index.do
4. Application materials
Please upload all the documents listed below to online application
1) Application (online)
2) Official academic transcript from home institution
3) 1 recommendation letter from a faculty member at home institution
4) ID Picture (in JPG file)
5) Copy of Passport
6) Insurance Policy which covers whole period of your stay in Korea
If you wish to stay in Gonzaga dormitory, please upload below documents:
7) Dormitory Application (scan and upload)
8) Health Report Form
5. Tuition fee (2016)-subject to changes
Global Korean Studies
1) Payment period: Student will be asked to pay tuition fee in Korean won upon arrival.
2) Payment method:
Print the tuition bill from the SAINT Portal System and pay at Woori bank ATM or Internet banking.
3) If applicant does not pay the tuition within the deadline, registered courses will automatically be cancelled.
* Details will be sent out to applicants by email.
6. Important dates for 2017 spring semester
Course registration: mid January
Classes begin: 2 Mar 2017
Course change period: 2 Mar-9 Mar 2017
Drop courses by: 29 Mar 2017
7. Course Registration
Course registration period will be announced later.
Please note that Study abroad students can take up to 15 credits for spring semester.
Course list for fall 2016 will be available around mid-July.
Course list: http://sis109.sogang.ac.kr/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zcmw9016?sap-language=EN
1) Courses which have less than 15 students enrolled may be cancelled.
2) If absences exceed 1/8 of the total course hours, the grade for the course becomes an FA (Failure because of Absences).
3) To add/change courses, student should receive approval from the professor of the course on the course change form, and submit the form to Office of International Affairs by March 9. Course change form will be handed out on the orientation.
4) To drop courses students should complete the course drop form which is available at the Office of International Affairs and submit it to OIA by March 29.
5) Official Transcripts will be sent directly to home institution around the end of January 2017. If extra copies of the transcripts are needed, please apply through the One stop service center.
Office of International Affairs
Ms. Minnie Lee
TEL: +82)2-705-8048, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of International Affairs