첨부파일
추천 0 비추천 0
날짜 : 3월 7일

시간 : 오후 4시 30분

장소 : R404

연사 : 장준익 교수님(서강대학교 물리학과)

제목 : Nonlinear optics in emerging low-dimensional materials

내용: 
Every nonlinear optical (NLO) phenomenon occurs as a consequence of the change in optical properties of a host material in the presence of a strong electromagnetic perturbation, which in turn induces the modification of the light field. The corresponding efficiency for light-matter interaction therefore critically depends on the material properties that also determine nonlinear dispersion via wavelength dependence. Characterization of NLO materials as a function of wavelength is therefore crucial for accurate assessment of their essential NLO properties, which can be further utilized for numerous optoelectronic applications. In this talk, I will introduce wavelength-dependent Z-scan nonlinear spectroscopy (WDZNS), which was developed by my former group at Binghamton University (SUNY). The WDZNS technique can be utilized for studying various NLO effects arising from different nonlinear orders and their complicated interplay as a function of both input intensity and wavelength. Specifically, I will present recent results and prospectus of 1) two-dimensional monolayers of transition metal dichalcogenides, 2) two-dimensional organic-inorganic lead halide perovskites, and 3) one-dimensional ternary chalcogenides in terms of their strong NLO properties.

글번호입력
댓글 달기
이름   비밀번호  

댓글이 없습니다.

Home | |