Login     
세미나게시판
제목 [4/11][colloquium] Investigating manifestations of quantum coherence with photons and atoms
작성자 물리학과홈피 등록일 2017-04-07 오후 6:29:35 조회수 36
첨부파일
추천 0 비추천 0
날짜 : 4월 11일

시간 : 오후 4시 30분

장소 : R404

연사 : 김윤호 교수님(포항공대 물리학과)

제목 : Investigating manifestations of quantum coherence with photons and atoms

내용: 
Quantum coherence is now observed in a variety of physical systems and is the key underlying concept in modern quantum physics. In experiment, quantum coherence is often manifested in various forms of quantum superposition, interference, and entanglement, all of which are essential for quantum information processing. While certain man-made physical systems may now show limited quantum coherence, photons and atoms are the most ideal physical systems for investigating various manifestations of quantum coherence as they are free of defects. In this talk, I will first give basic terminology definitions and present how starkly quantum physics differs from classical physics with a counter-intuitive example involving the simplest quantum system, a quantum bit [1]. I will then review some of my group’s recent work on quantum coherence carried out with entangled photons and cold atoms, including quantum-to-classical transition [2,3], quantum walk [4], dynamic beam splitting with atoms [5], and generating Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement using cold atoms [6]. I will also discuss how these lines of research may someday enable large-scale quantum information processors.

[1] Lim et al., Phys Rev Lett 107, 160401 (2011).

[2] Ra et al., PNAS 110, 1227 (2013).

[3] Ra et al., Nat Commun 4, 2451 (2013).

[4] Jeong et al., Nat Commun 4, 2471 (2013).

[5] Park et al., Sci Rep 6, 34279 (2016).

[6] Lee et al., Phys Rev Lett 117, 250501 (2016).

글번호입력
댓글 달기
이름   비밀번호  

댓글이 없습니다.

Home | |